With all these holiday dinners, figuring out the perfect appetizer to bring is as challenging as bringing the perfect gift for the hostess. But don’t worry! Flavio, our Chef at Tibits took the time to show us one of Tibits’ most popular dish straight from their cookbook ” Vegan Love Story” – the Chicory and Orange Bake. It will look as if you spent hours making it 🙂
As a side note, a lot of people stay away from Chicory because of its bitter taste but the trick is to blanch it to give it a softer savour. Tibits’ customers say that normally they don’t like to eat Chicory but love it when made this way.
And for more amazing recipes, you can purchase the book by clicking here. (Featured image courtesy of Juliette Chrétien).
INSTRUCTIONS & INGREDIENTS:
Preheat the oven to 180C/ 335F
- Cut the ends of the chicory. If the chicory is very large, cut it in half lengthways or even into quarters.
- Blanch the chicory in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain, allow to dry well and put into an oven dish.
- Peel the oranges, cut in half and then into 3 millimetres/ 1/4 inch thick pieces and lay evenly on top of the chicory.
- Peel the ginger, chop and mix well with the rest of the ingredients for the sauce.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the chicory and the oranges and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 8g /1.5 tsp fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp raw cane sugar
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 level tsp smoked salt
Stay connected and don’t miss out on unique Experiences & Discoveries.
Sign up now!